Subject: NCR driver (Was Re: Adaptec 2940 PCI support? )
To: Rahim Azizarab <ray@tezcat.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/1995 21:39:04
Rahim Azizarab writes:
> How about a somewhat stable driver for a ncr controller? I keep getting a lot
> of time outs, and assertion command failed in ncr.c.  This happens on both
> netBSD and freeBSD.  With linux this problem doesn't happen.

It doesn't happen to me with Thor's patched NCR driver from a while
back -- everything in it is totally stable -- but since the 1.1Alpha
NCR driver won't work at all on my machine I haven't had a chance to
beat on the new NCR driver in the tree to test it.

I'll say this, though -- if you are running an old (i.e. from a few
months back) version of current, you should upgrade your NCR driver
immediately. The one you are running is pure crud and used to do all
of what you are talking about.

Perry