Subject: Re: sendmail configuration
To: Don Lewis <gdonl@gv.ssi1.com>
From: After 5 PM please slip brain through slot in door. <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/1995 09:23:00
#define AUTHOR "gdonl@gv.ssi1.com (Don Lewis)"

/*
 * On Nov 2,  2:16pm, Ask Dr. Stupid wrote:
 * }
 * } It's kind of a pity you can't just do a 'sendmail -send-only' and have
 * } it just sit there processing the queue as needed, and have it refuse in-
 * } coming connections (if, as you say, everything gets routed through the
 * } mail hubs, and all the aliases and translations are set correctly).
 *
 * You can:
 * 	sendmail -q30m

Got it.  I was *wondering* why I got "connection refused" on the particular
machine on which I tried that one.

Well, so much for the "security hole".

 *
 * Well you could run "sendmail -q" from cron.
 *

I think we were trying to avoid having to do this.

 * 			---  Truck
 *
 */

#undef AUTHOR	/* "gdonl@gv.ssi1.com (Don Lewis)" */