Subject: Re: Yet another BSD, is it necessary?
To: Greg Hudson <ghudson@MIT.EDU>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/1995 22:07:20
>Well, that mail certainly sat in the sendmail queue for a long time.
>Which reminds me, shouldn't there be a root cron job in the default
>installation to clean the sendmail queue periodically?

Sendmail normally defaults to just "giving up" and NDRing a message if
it sits in the queue for more than four days.  Did you turn this off,
by some chance?

  Michael L. VanLoon
     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac 68k, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4,
                           DEC PMAX (MIPS), DEC Alpha, PC532
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX, Atari 68k, others...