Subject: Re: SUP time stamps
To: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.OZ.AU>
From: Rob Leland <leland@freetocreate.cais.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/1995 23:29:12

>    >So this morning Nov 1, I recompiled and installed the SUP from last night.
>    >Then I did another SUP to see if anything else had changed.
>    >SUP sent me a message saying it was resupping Changes since Oct 31 08:54
>    >I am on Easter Standard Time, so what don't I understand???
>    >Normally the time it tells me is the same as the time stamp on the files,
>    >right?
>
> did sup say it was "Updating" or "Receiving" the files ?  if it says
> that it is updating, it just means that sup is noting that this file
> is already upto date, *NOT* that it is downloading it again.  if it
> says it is receiving, then, it is actually downloading the file.  i
> just supped a couple of hours ago and i got everything updating, but
> very few receiving.

It was "Receiving" files. I have been supping files since March and it
normally only takes about 5 Minutes to update the collection. This is
especially true since not alot has changed in the publically available
current. Last night it took about 3 1/2 Hours of constant activity!
Again I had last supped only 2 days before , so very little should have
come down.

I then supped about 12 hours later and I only brought down a few files.

I Noted some changes with the sup sources I believe the if statements
that tested the return values from "runio()" were changed, could this be
a problem? Maybe not --all-- of the values tested need to be
(if runio() < 0 ...) and infact some still need to be (if runio() = !0)
as they were before the change?

> .mrg.

-Rob