Subject: Re: ifconfig alias routing problems...
To: Herb Peyerl <>
From: Randy Terbush <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/1995 07:35:05
> Peter Seebach <>  wrote:
>  > I have an interface (le0) configured as  I then
>  > ifconfig le0 alias
>  > ...This seems fine.  I can't ping the address .9, but
> I've noticed this with a machine I have serving N web-domains.  It can't
> see any of its aliases even though the rest of the world can.

I'll confirm the same behaviour. The only solution I have found was to

route delete IP
route add IP localhost

The following from 'netstat -rn' after doing a delete/add for .200          UGHS        0        2  lo0          UGHS        0        3  ep0          UGHS        0        0  ep0

Hmmm.  Seems that perhaps changing the alias command to:

ifconfig lo0 inet alias

might do the trick?  Maybe someone who knows this code my have
the answer?