To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG, current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Charles Hannum <Charles-Hannum@deshaw.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/1995 17:51:29
Some people have mentioned recently that they are not subscribed to
the `netbsd-announce' mailing list.  I'm unable to find any record
that these people had actually subscribed in the past.  Some things to
keep in mind:

* If you `subscribed to all of the lists' at some point in the past,
that does *not* mean you're automatically subscribed to
`netbsd-announce'.  It was created in January of this year, long after
many of you originally subscribed to our mailing lists.

* Subscription requests have been getting processed more slowly than
usual for the past few weeks.  If you haven't seen a `Welcome to the
XXX mailing list!' message after a few days, you might try sending
your request again; it may have gotten lost in someone's mailbox.
(Volunteers to manage some of the lists are welcome...)

* To catch up any mail that you missed, you can get the mailing list
archives from ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/mailing-lists or a mirror
site.

As always, if you have problems with the mailing lists, send mail to
`postmaster@netbsd.org', and we'll see what we can do to help you.  If
your problem involves bounced, duplicated, or extraneous mail, please
include the complete headers (including and especially the `Received:'
lines) of some of the messages in your report.