Subject: Re: Weirdness after a disk death
To: Charles Hannum <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Shyeah right. What am I gonna do with a gun rack? <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
Date: 10/16/1995 11:06:33
* In article <Pine.sol.3.90.951009135301.2620A-100000@borg> email@example.com
* (Valtteri Vuorikoski) writes:
* - both login and su don't prompt for password. After entering a username
* for an account with a password at the login:-prompt, it just says 'Login
* incorrect' without a password-prompt. su just says 'Sorry'.
* This probably indicates that /dev/tty is missing.
...or cannot be properly bound thereto. I noticed that 'tty' said
"Not a tty" when I decided to drop the COMPAT_43 option. Never did dig
into it to try to figure out why that happened...
Friends don't let friends use Windows NT.