Subject: Re: Weirdness after a disk death
To: Charles Hannum <>
From: Shyeah right. What am I gonna do with a gun rack? <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/1995 11:06:33
 * In article <Pine.sol.3.90.951009135301.2620A-100000@borg>
 * (Valtteri Vuorikoski) writes:
 *     - both login and su don't prompt for password. After entering a username
 *    for an account with a password at the login:-prompt, it just says 'Login
 *    incorrect' without a password-prompt. su just says 'Sorry'.
 * This probably indicates that /dev/tty is missing.

...or cannot be properly bound thereto.  I noticed that 'tty' said
"Not a tty" when I decided to drop the COMPAT_43 option.   Never did dig
into it to try to figure out why that happened...

Friends don't let friends use Windows NT.