Subject: Re: sup-server brokenness...
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/11/1995 08:54:15
Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>  wrote:
 > >1) sup.netbsd.org (aka netbsd.warped.com) is always busy.  Has
 > >*anyone* been able to sup successfully from this machine?  The
 > >supfilesrv.core file I saw in its FTP / directory was not a promising
 > >sign.
 >
 > I was able to sup successfully from there over the weekend without any
 > problems (well, okay, I did have some problems, but they were all related
 > to stuff at my end).

Now, I'm not going to say anything official because, frankly, I'm not in
a position to do so.  I'm merely going to allude to things that might be
happening were I in an official position to know anything official.

As you've all been able to piece together from the overwhelming evidence,
there is a new supserver/ftpserver.  You probably also noticed that this
happened just a few short days ago.  You may also have noticed that there
have been some problems.  You might attribute these to 'settling in' and
you might want to have patience over the next few days as everything gets
'settled in'. You might also piece together that this is an all-volunteer
effort and that people have regular jobs so sometimes things can't be
fixed in a top-priority manner.

Of course, you may not have noticed any of these things.  You might only
have noticed that you are unable to get the sources you want when you
want them as quickly as you want them.  This might make you grumpy. If
this is the case, then feel free to go on complaining and predicting doom
for the entire world.

This is the end of my unofficial statement. Hopefully, there will be
an official statement one day that will supercede this unofficial
statement.

Have a nice day. :-)