Subject: Re: sup-server brokenness...
To: None <mike.long@analog.com>
From: Brad Walker <bwalker@musings.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/10/1995 14:27:58
> From owner-current-users@NetBSD.ORG Tue Oct 10 13:50 PDT 1995
> Date: Tue, 10 Oct 95 10:16:01 EDT
> From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
> To: current-users@netbsd.org
> Subject: sup-server brokenness...
>
> ...is PISSING ME OFF!!
>
> 1) sup.netbsd.org (aka netbsd.warped.com) is always busy.  Has
> *anyone* been able to sup successfully from this machine?  The
> supfilesrv.core file I saw in its FTP / directory was not a promising
> sign.
>
> 2) ftp.eecs.umich.edu is still trying to sup from sun-lamp, if I'm
> interpreting its output logs correctly.
>
> Every other mirror I know of is still stuck at September 30, if not
> earlier.
>
> Problems like this one probably do more to drive users away than
> install tools, politics, or anything else.

I would firmly have to agree.

I've been trying to figure out where I can do the most good to
help NetBSD. I've made some changes to the zs driver and a few
kernel mods that speed things up. I will send in a pr once they
are fully tested.

But, I do have access to a full T1 pipe to the internet. And
I would be more than willing to dedicate a SS2 to being ftp.netbsd.org
if people were interested. I'm not talking about using my home machine
but rather a dedicated machine.

Not being able to get timely access to ftp.netbsd.org or sup.netbsd.org
has been very discouraging..

-brad w.