Subject: Strange SUP oddities.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Out of his mind <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/09/1995 23:22:54
I am experiencing two weird problems with SUP. If anyone has similar
problems please let me know; I'd like to solve them (the problems are
probably caused by the HP/UX box I ported SUP to).

(1) When SUP'ing to sup.introl.com (/a/anon_ftp), the 'src' collection always
    aborts the program partway through, with the error "Error receiving
    end of message".

(2) When SUP'ing to sup.netbsd.org (/ftp/pub), SUP recycles to the hold and
    reconnect mode (Will retry in X seconds) without reporting why the sup
    failed in the first place. It just disconnects, waits, reconnects, etc.

I can provide the hacks I added for HP/UX if anyone is interested. I would
really like to see it posix-ized (it certainly is *not*!) though I don't
have the time to do it right now.

=====
== Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com): In cyberspace no one can hear you scream. ==
=== Plug: I do freelance C/Perl *IX programming and WWW design. E-mail me ===
=== Vierling's Law: The revolution won't be televised; it will be posted. ===