Subject: Re: SCSI probe on cdrom drive a little off in current
To: None <>
From: Mike Long <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/09/1995 11:31:09
>Date: Mon, 9 Oct 1995 01:07:28 -0700
>From: (Richard Dante)

>On bootup my cdrom drive is always reported as being empty whether there is
>a disk in it or not.  And then the driver has the gall to report the same
>cdrom drive on LUNS 1-7.   This has been happening since I upgraded to
>current in july.   1.0 could correctly identify a disk being present and
>correctly established that only one LUN is used.  This hasn't had any effect
>that I can tell on my actual use of the cdrom drive.
>It's a Chinon 525  with a BusLogic 956C.

The probe isn't a little off, your CDROM drive is.  It responds to all
LUNs when it should only respond to LUN 0.  It needs to be added to
the quirky-SCSI-device list in /sys/scsi/scsiconf.c.
Mike Long <>
VLSI Design Engineer         finger for PGP public key
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));