Subject: Friggin Pink Nightmare
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Erik M. Theisen <etheisen@teclink.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/08/1995 03:28:54
After upgrading my NetBSD-1.0 box to Current (Oct 1), I began having
severe problems with my FFS filesystems.  Basically any moderately
heavy disk activity (read/write) caused random, unprovoked,
filesystem corruption.  After fighting with the damn box for 3 days,
the corruption became so severe that I lost the root, usr, and
usr/src filesystems forcing me to regress back to my 1.0 setup.

	The box is as follows:
		i486DX/2 66Mhz
		16MB RAM
		ISA Bus
		integrated AIC6360 SCSI (Yes, it HAS a bios)
			IRQ 10
		2 DEC RZ26L 1GB SCSI-2 Drives

Apparently the AIC6360 Code, FFS, and/or the Kernel's SCSI interface
is SEVERELY broken.  It would be a shame if 1.1 release had these
problems.  Assistance in this matter would be appreciated.  I
can provide kernel config and disklabels on request

erik