Subject: Re: Before and after the 1.1 release
To: Charles Hannum <Charles-Hannum@deshaw.com>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.void.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 10/07/1995 23:10:36
> * PCMCIA support.  This is going to be difficult in its current state.

Stefan's pcmcia 0.7.2 has been working fine on my notebook and I know
others have been using it successfully.   While not 100% yet, it would
still be nice to see it in 1.1.  If my toshiba comes back from the
repair shop in time, I'd be happy to help test it.

> Here are things other people are working on:
>
> * PCVT 3.32.  Pretty simple; should be done soon.

Quick datapoint on this one.  I just tried pcvt 3.32 on zen today, I
did not have to edit anything, I just added the appropriate options
line to my config.

Zen is one of those i486 clones that had problems with keyboards in
the early 386BSD days, but has always worked ok with pccons.  Pcvt
3.00 (from the NetBSD tree) would not work at all - could not
initialize the keyboard.  Pcvt 3.32 worked fine, up until I hit
enought F9-F12 keys to cause the keyboard to jam.  Attempting to reset
the keyboard via kcon -R failed.  I've told Hellmuth, but figure
others might like to know before 1.1 is released.

--sjg