Subject: Re: not getting proper CRLF's in /etc/motd
To: Charles Hannum <mycroft@deshaw.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@teeri.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 10/05/1995 11:24:20
Charles Hannum:

> >  Well, I have made other changes in getty, [...]
>
> Anything else we should know about?

First, thanks for taking me seriously and fixing those things in sgtty
and getty.  I will test the modifications as soon as I get the 950930
stuff up and running.

I have modified getty to process a new string in gettytab.  This string,
if present, is used as a modem init string when getty starts up.  Many
modems need a simple init string of 'AT^M' to set the DTE speed after
the power has been applied (some modems have an S register to lock the
DTE speed, mine don't).  Maybe this could be made part of the standard
getty program?

I will add a call-back function in getty as well.  This project hasn't
been finished yet.

  Jukka Marin

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---