Subject: Re: TTYs and 7E1
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/1995 22:42:46
[ On Thu, September 28, 1995 at 22:09:34 (-0500), Scott Reynolds wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: TTYs and 7E1
>
> BTW, I've historically been infuriated on a regular basis by sgtty.  It's
> not that it's just NetBSD that acts this way.  Also, it's not like
> there's much software that doesn't support termios these days.  The whole
> issue is sticky enough that I'd rather leave the burden on the developers
> to update their software to something relatively modern.  The termios
> interface isn't exactly on the cutting edge anymore...

Since sgtty() is a deprecated interface, perhaps we should leave it as
it is on the principle of least surprise and all that....

I think it's a little late to "fix" history....

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; Secrets Of The Weird <woods@weird.com>