Subject: Should I wait for 1.1?
To: current <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D. Jay Newman <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/1995 11:11:55

My main boot drive has started disintigrating on me. I slowed this down
by not mounting the source partition (which was being incredablly corrupted,
and bringing down the entire system).

Unfortunately this seems to have spread.

I just got a 840 meg drive to replace my boot drive (though I'll first
do a low-level format of this drive, and maybe use it for something
else if I can find a case for it).

I'm wondering if I should install 1.0 now, or if I should wait for 1.1.

I have a 486 system, EISA bus, Mach 32 video card if this matters.

I tried to stay current until things got bad, so I have a "current"
kernel from early July (built July 5).

Any advice or help would be appreciated.
D. Jay Newman                   !          ! Happiness is biting your parrot back!  !