Subject: Re: Shared lib weirdness on Sep.27 mac68k
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@beverly.rhein.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/1995 10:08:27
Ken Nakata (kenn@remus.rutgers.edu) wrote:
: > I clean-built a GENERIC kernel current as of 27th, and it fails to run
: > any dynamically linked binaries.  Ktrace shows all failing binaries
: > get SIGSEGV after closing shared libc file, but it tells me nothing
: > about what the failing program was doing between closing shared libc
: > and getting signal.
:
: Pardon me for self-replying, but the situation changed after I built
: another kernel (the difference is, in the course of attempt to update
: libraries, I did make install in src/include).  The older one is
: acting the same, but with the newer kernel, ld.so compalins as
: follows:
:
: /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "__ctype_" in hexdump:hexdump
:
: Is this some kind of goof during my update procedure?  I'll try
: clean make world anyway, but I'd like an explanation if available.

read the last few dozen messages in this list, there was a message about
how to update crt0.o and ld.so and which one first.

Regards,
	ignaitos Souvatzis