Subject: Re: How to set outbound address?
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Benjamin Cline <benji@haven.boston.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 10/03/1995 18:36:56
According to John F. Woods:

> Currently, when I make TCP connections to the outside world, the source
> address is that of my PPP interface, which has an address belonging to
> my ISP, as well as something of a funny name (funhouse-gw.ultra.net).
> Is there a really obvious way to cause outgoing connections to have a
> source that is an address in my own class C space?

I can't really think of any easy way to do what you want with NetbSD. I use
a standalone router (a 386 running KA9QQ) as the gateway between my ethernet
and my PPP connection.

	benji

--
Benjamin R. Cline	Large Furry Mammal 	benji@haven.boston.ma.us
  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759