Subject: Re: pstat fixes for ptys?
To: None <>
From: Mike Long <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/03/1995 10:50:57
>From: (Rob Healey)
>Date: Sat, 30 Sep 1995 11:47:25 -0500 (CDT)

>	As the 1.1 freeze rapidly approaches has anybody figured out how
>	to get pstat -t, list tty stats, to work with the pseudo ttys?
>	pstat was broken long months ago when pty's changed to dynamic
>	allocation methods and hasn't worked since.

On the i386, *none* of the TTY devices work with pstat -t.

I looked into this last night.  The solution is nontrivial, because
the pointer to the tty struct is now kept in each tty {pseudo-,}device
driver's softc struct.  The type of the driver's softc is specific to
that driver, so there is no generic way for pstat to get to the tty
Mike Long <>
VLSI Design Engineer         finger for PGP public key
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));