Subject: Re: Shared lib weirdness on Sep.27 mac68k
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/1995 16:30:39
> I clean-built a GENERIC kernel current as of 27th, and it fails to run
> any dynamically linked binaries.  Ktrace shows all failing binaries
> get SIGSEGV after closing shared libc file, but it tells me nothing
> about what the failing program was doing between closing shared libc
> and getting signal.

Pardon me for self-replying, but the situation changed after I built
another kernel (the difference is, in the course of attempt to update
libraries, I did make install in src/include).  The older one is
acting the same, but with the newer kernel, ld.so compalins as
follows:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "__ctype_" in hexdump:hexdump

Is this some kind of goof during my update procedure?  I'll try
clean make world anyway, but I'd like an explanation if available.

Thanks,

ken n.