Subject: Re: Fax Software for NetBSD m68k?
To: None <hoffmann@it.ntu.edu.au>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/1995 09:13:02
>>>>> "Arthur" == Arthur Hoffmann <hoffmann@it.ntu.edu.au> writes:

Arthur> Hi, I was just wondering if there is some Fax (send/receive)
Arthur> software available for NetBSD m68k. I've seen there is a thing
Arthur> called Hylafax, but that is only a binary for i386. Is that
Arthur> availabel for m68k as well, ore does it even compile out of
Arthur> the box.

I use some old mgetty+sendfax version... It works, but I don't require
much.  Just dial-in/dial-out interlocking + send/recieve fax is what I
want.  My advice is to get the latest version of that software and
check out if it has support for NetBSD, if not, add it, it's simple,
and get the patches back to the author (I never got to it :-( ).  That
way, you make the community a service as well as get a functioning
package.  I don't say mgetty+sendfax is better than anything else,
just that it was quite easy to get to work for me about a year ago.

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG	WWW:   Here
Sweden