Subject: RE: Why still using GCC 2.4.5?
To: 'Jake Hamby' <jehamby@lightside.com>
From: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/1995 08:32:00
2.4.5 is one of the more stable versions of gcc (tried and true).  As a
matter of fact, the standard precompiled gcc compilers for both Sun
Solaris and SGI use 2.4.5.  Besides, there are several coding work
arounds for the is-ums with 2.4.5 (so from what I've read)

Regardless, I have to agree, there is no reason a latter version could
not be adopted that is just as stable and with bug fixes, no less.

jam