Subject: anyone had these problems?? (broken reboot/randon hangs..)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Csanady <ccsanady@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/1995 00:40:44
i was just wondering  if anyone else is having problems with current from
around Sep 18 on the i386.  on my machine, i am unable to do a reboot/halt
most of the time, and am repeatedly forced to hit the reset switch.  (this
really hasnt hurt much yet, except my machine is rather difficuly to get at.)
i had this same problem early this year due to a problem with the ep driver
i think.  my machine is a 486/66/pci with a 3com509 and ncr scsi if it
matters much.

also, my friends machine seems to lock up at random, and the
scsi access led stays lit indefinately.  this much more than annoying. :(
his machine is almost identical to mine except he has a 586 and uses
the wd ethernet driver.  Our configs are almost identical too.

theres also that ftp error reporting bogus transfer rates..

well thats about it..  are any of these know problems?  or even better yet..
fixed?  ;)  i would really appreciate any help whatsoever..

thanks,
chris

Chris Csanady	(ccsanady@iastate.edu)