Subject: Re: mfc.c and grfabs_cc.c no longer compile
To: None <rhealey@kas.helios.mn.org>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 09/21/1995 10:06:46
[ I widened the distribution, because maybe these problems crop up
  elsewhere, if people just test them. -NH ]

Rob> 	After the recent sup mfc and grfabs_cc.c no longer
Rob> compile. The fixes are simple enough tho:

Rob> 	1: for mfc.c put #ifndef around the SERIBUF_SIZE and
Rob>       SEROBUF_SIZE defines.

Rob> 	2: Steal the abs() function from libc and shove it in
Rob>       grfabs_cc.c.

Rob> 	Due to the new -Werror -fno-builtin options on the kernel make
Rob> the above bomb out. Otherwise the port seems to be pretty clean!

Heh, I don't have either mfc or the cc console so didn't notice.
However my ps stopped working with the new changes.  It worked 0916!
No, recompiling libkvm and ps didn't help... ps gives:

ps: proc size mismatch (9072 total, 644 chunks)

And yes, I've installed the new kernel in /netbsd and doublechecked
it.  For the record, I use my pre-2.7.1 GCC everywhere with "-O -g",
but I don't think that's the reason for the failure, as it worked
0916.  It could be however... How do other Amiga owners see this?

OOPS! Now I see ktrace doesn't work anymore, but that could well by my
self-contained ktrace changes doesn't go well along the new changes...
This is all I get from it:

 25974 ktrace   RET   ktrace 0
 25974 ktrace   CALL  execve(0xdfff9b8,0xdfffe24,0xdfffe2c)
 25974 ktrace   NAMI  "/home/niklas/bin/ps"
 25974 ktrace   RET   execve -1 errno 2 No such file or directory
 25974 ktrace   CALL  execve(0xdfff9b8,0xdfffe24,0xdfffe2c)
 25974 ktrace   NAMI  "/usr/local/bin/ps"
 25974 ktrace   RET   execve -1 errno 2 No such file or directory
 25974 ktrace   CALL  execve(0xdfff9b8,0xdfffe24,0xdfffe2c)
 25974 ktrace   NAMI  "/usr/bin/ps"
 25974 ktrace   RET   execve -1 errno 2 No such file or directory
 25974 ktrace   CALL  execve(0xdfff9b8,0xdfffe24,0xdfffe2c)
 25974 ktrace   NAMI  "/bin/ps"

and there it ends...

Niklas