Subject: slow syslog?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/16/1995 15:59:03
Can someone explain this to me?  (I'm sure it's pretty basic, but
I can't see any reason for this happening...)

I was installing some new stuff is /usr/share from a fresh sup: I
did a make depend, then I forgot to do a make, but instead did an
su to to root and a make install, the install failed, since some
man pages were added.  Get out of root, type make, and get this:

nroff -mandoc mgnsc.4 > mgnsc.cat4
nroff -mandoc wesc.4 > wesc.cat4
Sep 16 12:31:54 bullbox su: jonb to root on /dev/console
nroff -mandoc zssc.4 > zssc.cat4
===> man/man4/man4.hp300

That's all fine and dandy, but the message was printed at 12:39:30
almost 10 MINUTES from the event!  It's not repeatable on a regular
basis, but it's not an infrequent occurance on my pc532 either.

Thanks in advance,
Jon