Subject: ncurses (was Re: libcurses/curses.h vs libterm/tputs.c)
To: None <christos@deshaw.com>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/14/1995 11:02:40
>Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 17:34:17 GMT
>From: christos@deshaw.com (Christos Zoulas)
>
>In article <199509131308.XAA14322@puddin.highland.com.au> cagney@highland.com.au (Andrew Cagney) writes:
>>	curses.h (in libcurses)
>>Unfortunatly this include file is only installed (or updated) as part
>>of the install process of the lib directory which occures _after_
>>tputs.c is compiled.
>
>I really hate that too. I would really appreciate it if someone made a
>termcap.h header file and removed the termcap function declarations from
>curses.h.

I did this last night.  It took about 10-15 minutes.  I would send-pr
it, but (according to jtc) we're going with ncurses instead.

I installed ncurses 1.9.4 recently, and it worked fine in an xterm but
failed miserably on the pccons console.  I think the reason is that
ncurses' ibmpc3 description is for BSD and BSDI's pccons is different
from ours; but I haven't checked that yet.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));