Subject: Re: Exabyte 8200 anyone?
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/12/1995 08:31:40
In message <199509112236.SAA14148@frankenstein.piermont.com>you write:
->I had an Exabyte running just fine under i386 before the buggy NCR
->controller driver ate it. (Basically, when it reset the bus too many
->times too quickly the tape jammed in it and I still haven't quite
->figured out how to unjam it -- suggestions solicited!)

Of some help may be the EXAByte document # 510005-xxx (reference MKT-015-xxx)
"EXB-8200 8mm Cartridge Tape Subsystem Product Specification", but I don't
know if it really helps, because I don't have one.

I one case I was successful in removing the tape by completely disassembling
the internal covers and cutting the tape with a demagnetized razorblade,
removing the remanents and then powering the device on so that it could eject
the shell.
But I don't suggest anyone should do this...

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de