Subject: Re: CTM - is it available for NetBSD ?
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@anarres.mame.mu.oz.au>
From: \"\"Julian Stacey \"\" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/1995 11:47:44
> What you describe sounds interesting, but since you provide no
> pointers to any further information (docs, the source to play with,
> etc.) I fail to see how you can expect any NetBSD contributors to
> investigate your suggestion any further.

ftp.freebsd.org		!

did you really not know the site name ?
I tend to assume existance of all of [ftp & www].[free & net]bsd.org :-)

Im off line & in germany, transatlantic link is sloooow
but get to the src dir,
then cd usr.sbin/ctm

> Please post an ftp site or URL or something, and someone might take a
> look at it. Of course, if you can do some evaluation of the software
> (from an admin point of view) and write up some useful comparisons to
> the current methods, and perhaps come up with a sample implementation
> of a NetBSD CTM server for people to try (and to help you evaluate the
> software from something other than readmes), then please do. It only
> makes it that much easier for someone to look at your suggestion and
> possibly do something with it.

Let me summarise by saying CTM is V. attractive to those without
permament leased lines, who have to pay per minute charges,
if your on a permanent circuit, sup is fine & you wont bother to change

as to doing a sample implemetation,
sorry, my only netbsd is an unstable pc532 with no x-windows,
but go look at the freebsd implementation, or go ask the author for
a copy of his server config,
I merely commend CTM as a great tool, that would be of equal benefit to
NetBSD people as it already is to FreeBSD :-)

So great is the difference that I don't bother with sup any more .....

Julian	jhs@freebsd.org		on a dial up in Munich