Subject: Re: CTM - is it available for NetBSD ?
To: Julian Howard Stacey <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@anarres.mame.mu.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/1995 13:14:27
> There's an excellent software update despatch tool called CTM,
> Do NetBSD now offer a CTM mail despatcher running on their central site ?
> [...]

The quick answer is no, at least not to my knowledge.

What you describe sounds interesting, but since you provide no
pointers to any further information (docs, the source to play with,
etc.) I fail to see how you can expect any NetBSD contributors to
investigate your suggestion any further.

Please post an ftp site or URL or something, and someone might take a
look at it. Of course, if you can do some evaluation of the software
(from an admin point of view) and write up some useful comparisons to
the current methods, and perhaps come up with a sample implementation
of a NetBSD CTM server for people to try (and to help you evaluate the
software from something other than readmes), then please do. It only
makes it that much easier for someone to look at your suggestion and
possibly do something with it.

--
Dan.