Subject: Re: Exabyte 8200 anyone?
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/1995 21:49:21
"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>  wrote:
 > controller driver ate it. (Basically, when it reset the bus too many
 > times too quickly the tape jammed in it and I still haven't quite
 > figured out how to unjam it -- suggestions solicited!)

On the right hand side (when facing the front of the unit) you'll find a
little plastic covered door (I think) or an empty hole with some white
plastic 'stuff' inside including a little white lever.  If you fiddle
with said white lever then Mr. Door will pop open and unit will promptly
ejaculate the tape whilst leaving some media inside the unit wrapper
nicely around some bits of metal.  You then slice the media and pull it
carefully out of the unit.

If that fails, take the lid off and go at it with an x-acto knife.

Suggest you give it a good head cleaning after that...