Subject: Re: 96 MB of memory on NetBSD-1.0
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <bolo@cs.wisc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/1995 17:09:35
Earlier I wrote ...

> I have two pentium boxes running NetBSD-1.0.  Both are Micron systems
> with Micronics motherboards; one is a P90, the other a P100.  Their
> peripherals are identical: a BT-946C scsi interface and a Diamond 864
> Dram video card.
>
> Both machines will run successfully (with an uptime of over a month,
> when they are rebooted for maintenance) with 32 or 64 MB of memory.
> However, If I try running 96MB in either system, "something
> happens".

I should have added the following information to this query ...

1) I experience the kernel problems with NetBSD when 96MB or more
   (128 MB) of memory is installed in the system.  I don't have
   memory increments between 64 and 96 MB to collect data from.

2) The memory itself works ok (each 1/2 of 128 MB tests ok as 64 MB), etc.

*3*) Does anyone has NetBSD 1.0 running successfully on a i386
     architecture system with 96 MB or more of memory???
     [ If so, I'd like to know what hardware you use. ]

Again, thanks for any information!