Subject: Re: Odd ccd(4) problem
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Tom I Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/1995 06:42:28
On Sun, 3 Sep 1995, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> Anyone (Jason?) have any idea why, when I type "ccdconfig ccd0 16 none /dev/wd0a
> /dev/wd1a" I get back "ccdconfig: ioctl (CCDIOCSET): /dev/ccd0d: Device not
> configured"?

Might be the same problem I had; it turns out that the partitions that
you build your concatenated disk device from must not be marked "unused"
in their native disks' labels.  This "device not configured" is the way
ccdconfig informs you of this condition...  :-)

Actually, I guess this indicates a need for a special "ccd component"
type entry for disklabel?  Or should the partition simply be marked as a
"raw" partition, sharing this type with database log partitions etc?

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO