Subject: Re: Odd ccd(4) problem
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/1995 09:39:41
On Sun, 3 Sep 1995 09:48:58 -0400
 Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com> wrote:

 > Anyone (Jason?) have any idea why, when I type "ccdconfig ccd0 16 none /dev/wd0a
 > /dev/wd1a" I get back "ccdconfig: ioctl (CCDIOCSET): /dev/ccd0d: Device not
 > configured"?

Considering that the error comes froom the ioctl (rather than the open)
I'm tempted to say it comes from either the vn_open() or subsequent
VOP_*() operations on the components.  If you compile your kernel with
`options CCDDEBUG' and set the ccddebug variable (near the top of ccd.c
or with the ddb) to 0x03, you should be able to see where it fails.  If
you could send me that information, that would be most helpful.