Subject: Re: detecting -current versions
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@andrews.edu>
From: Brian R. Gaeke <brg@dgate.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/1995 16:14:40
And then spake Andrew Gillham as follows:
> > But would this not violate core's policy of not giving out old sources
> > to 'just anyone(TM)'? [...]
> [...] There is no need to get old sources from core if you base it on
> -current as of right now.  [...]

True.

> > virtually, (retch, retch -- better name for this. "Interim"?)
> Well NetBSD 1.0i1 or NetBSD 1.0I1 could be confusing.  How about
> using "pre-release" with 'NetBSD 1.0p1' or something?
> (I know, could be considered 'patch-level 1' I suppose)

Sounds ok. The name is not the most important thing... :)

> PS.  I would think that anything done would need to be blessed by core.

I would think so, too. Who would be the one(s) to make such releases?
(I would doubt that core itself would want to.)

-Brian

--
Brian Gaeke, The Dimensional Gate Company    Internet E-Mail: <brg@dgate.org>
DGate.ORG system adminstrator / PGP 2.6.2 public key available via finger