Subject: Re: more not 8 bits clean
To: Rolf Grossmann <grossman@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/01/1995 18:22:04
> The NetBSD more is actually some (old) Version of less. There is already
> a PR stating this problem. However its state is still open.
> However, if my memory serves me right, there was no fix given in that PR.
> I think, if you would update more (using a more recent Version of less) and
> send in patches, someone would eventually put them in the tree.

Considering that I have already ported the latest version of less (thinking
that "more" was the grotesque original) I'll be happy to clean up what I have
and submit it.  What's the right way to go about this?

By the way, the current "more" has the following glaring error:

main(argc, argv)
	int argc;
	char **argv;
{
	int envargc, argcnt;
	char *envargv[2], *getenv();

	/*
	 * Process command line arguments and MORE environment arguments.
	 * Command line arguments override environment arguments.
	 */
	if (envargv[1] = getenv("MORE")) {
		envargc = 2;
		envargv[0] = "more";