Subject: Re: BIND/Hesiod
To: None <lukem@telstra.com.au>
From: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/01/1995 14:31:34
> These last 3 days I've been working on a generic nsswitch implementation.
> The code uses /var/run/nsswitch.db, which is built by ns_mkdb from
> /etc/nsswitch.conf.

Yow!  Sounds exciting.  Quite honestly, this is what I had hoped for when
this discussion (nsswitch vs. +) broke out last month.

The nsswitch feature set you've selected sounds great.  Have you done
any work with the libc internals so that it's easy to drop in another
database access method (like Hesiod)?  That would make it both a ease
of use and a technical win over the current scheme.

	--jtc