Subject: Re: info on sun3-80
To: Gerard J van der Grinten <Gerard.vdGrinten@wldelft.nl>
From: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/01/1995 11:43:00
> I have a sun3/80 available I would like to run NetBSD on, I know it is not
> done yet and would like to know what has to be done to start the sun3x port.
> I do not have a sun3 source licence just SunOS 4.1.1_u1.

I was working on a sun3x port before having to take on more of the
adminstrative responsibilities of the NetBSD Project.  I hope to get
settled soon, but I have a lot of pending projects in userland, plus
the next release to get out, so I don't know how much work I can put
into the port in the short term.

We have copies of the Sun3x architecture manual.  Unfortunately, the
version we have is woefully incomplete.  For exxample, the section on
the SCSI subsystem simply states that the SCSI system has yet to be
specified.  So far I've been using the similarities between the 3/80
and the Sparcstation to fill in the gaps.

	--jtc

[followups to port-sun3 please]