Subject: Re: BIND/Hesiod
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/01/1995 04:08:19
>Sounds waybitchen!   I wonder what the chances of this making it into
>the standard libc are?   I'm in favour of it, assuming the code's
>reasonable!   (I know, of *course the code's reasonable! :')

I had made modifications to the various libc functions to integrate
hesiod into the system about two years ago.  There was no interest
whatsoever in getting it into the standard libc, even if it were
surrounded with #ifdef's.  I don't use YP here at all and more than
likely never will, but that system is in place.  Perhaps it is time to
consider having both once again?

I could do the get* functions again.  I suppose they could also be put
into a seperate library and .if defined(HESIOD) added to the right
place in the system makefiles.  Hmm.

--Michael