Subject: Re: detecting -current versions
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian R. Gaeke <brg@dgate.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/31/1995 17:47:16
And then spake Kenneth Stailey as follows:
> > Is there a way to tell what version of -current a machine is running?
> Does -current have versions?  Usually that amounts to the date of the
> sup.  You could record the sup date somewhere and then look at that.
> It may be a nice project for something like that to become standard
> issue, any takers?

Hmmm... I think the need for this is just a reflection of the need
for a new release. You could just read ident strings, if it can't wait...

sigh,
-Brian

--
Brian Gaeke, The Dimensional Gate Company    Internet E-Mail: <brg@dgate.org>
DGate.ORG system adminstrator / PGP 2.6.2 public key available via finger