Subject: BIND/Hesiod
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John C. Hayward <johnh@david.wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/31/1995 01:20:51
Dear NetBSDers,
   I have a lab of PC's which some of the time run NetBSD.  I have KerberosIV
up and running so that password changes are updated on a server rather than
on each PC.  I would like to use BIND/Hesiod to keep track of login names,
shells, homedirectories etc.  I notice that named is running.

   What do I need to do to have something like a BIND/Hesiod database working
so I can modify login and friends to use this service rather than having
to update local password files.

johnh...

Ps. Is there any though of using something lik Ultrix /etc/svc.conf which
configures the sequence and options on resolving things between NIS, local,
Bind, etc.  It seems that Solaris has similar facilities.