Subject: Stability problems with recent -currents?
To: Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@teeri.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 08/28/1995 12:02:29
I have had some problems with recent -current kernels/binaries on my
A3000.  I thought the problems were caused by some disk problems
(when building a kernel, gcc complained about some source files, but
retrying compile gave no errors).  gcc also dies with signal 10 or
11, running it again works fine.

Now I noticed the same problems on a 486 machine running -current.
When building a new kernel out of 950819 sources, I got errors
when compiling some files (which compiled OK on the next try).  Also,
gcc died with

cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11

So, I'm seeing unrealiable compiler operation on two different ports.
The i486 machine has been crashing as well with some paging problems.
I'll see if a self-made kernel helps with these or not (but I have
built my Amiga kernels myself and I'm still having problems).

Any ideas?

  -jm

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---