Subject: query-pr, various old bugs, cgd's resignation
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/1995 15:17:08
     Is there anyway to get a summary list of all PR's (including
closed ones)?

     Alternatively, does anybody have the solutions to the following
old problems?  The first one I'm looking for is how to automatically
bring up a PPP line when it goes down.  I semm to remember it
involving some patches to pppd and chat, then changing the flags in
/etc/ttys and starting pppd from /etc/ttys.  I found the patches and
applied them, but I'm not sure what the flags in /etc/ttys should be.
The other problem I'm haveing is vi changing the tty to 7E1 when it
exits.  I seem to remember this being a bug in the sgtty compat
library routines, but I don't remember the exact solution.  Also, is
there a solution to the flow control that problem works with the 1.0
i386 com driver.  It's a production machine, so I don't want to
convert it to -current.

     BTW, I seem to remember something about somebody having indexed
and made searchable the mailing list archives, but I can't seem to
find it.

     I seem to have missed the announcement of cgd's resigination.
Could somebody send it to me, please.  I too wish to thank Chris for
all the work he's done.  I've seen his name on a lot of important
stuff.