Subject: Re: ufs filesystem tool: any interest?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/24/1995 14:54:59
[ On Tue, August 22, 1995 at 21:04:01 (-0400), der Mouse wrote: ]
> Subject: ufs filesystem tool: any interest?
>
> Is anyone interested in this?  And if so, should I send-pr it as an
> enhancement, or put it up for ftp, or mail it out, or what?

Wow!  Yeah!

This, combined with the concatenated disk driver, any changes necessary
for the cdd to accept a new disk, and the missing kernel hooks you
mentioned, would be a wonderful start on the way to being able to manage
a live system with very dynamic disk requirements.  (Assuming, of
course, that one has the hardware necessary to force the disk bus to be
quiescent for long enough to attach a new disk to it.)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; Secrets Of The Weird <woods@weird.com>