Subject: Re: ufs filesystem tool: any interest?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Don Lewis <gdonl@gv.ssi1.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/1995 15:31:28
On Aug 23, 11:57am, Jason Thorpe wrote:
} On Wed, 23 Aug 1995 07:49:02 -0400
}  Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.medford.ma.us> wrote:
}  > Can you take an existing partition, make it the first chunk of a
}  > non-interleaved ccd, and grow the filesystem in place?
}
} If the ccd is non-interleaved (i.e. `concatenated'), then I don't see why
} it shouldn't work.  I definitely _will not_ work with an interleaved ccd.

If the ccd is interleaved, then it should be possible to write a tool
that figures out the before and after interleave patterns and shuffles
the data around so that it follows the new pattern.  After the data
has the proper interleave, the filesystem expander can be run.

			---  Truck