Subject: /etc/exports and /etc/netgroups
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@trillium.NMSU.Edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/1995 17:06:13
I am using a -current/i386 machine to replace a 1.0/i386 machine as a
nfs server for several clients.  I have specified the hosts in
/etc/exports using the name of a netgroup in /etc/netgroups (in fact,
I am using the exact files as previously worked on 1.0).  The problem
is that mountd complains about unknown host names when it tries to
resolve a netgroup name as a host name.  That is, it seems not to
check /etc/netgroup before resolving hostnames and assumes everything
in /etc/exports is a hostname.

Am I missing something here or has something changed from 1.0 to
-current that is not documented in the man pages (which explicitly
mention /etc/netgroup).

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Brook