Subject: Re: ccd and ffs resizer...
To: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/1995 07:01:38
On Wed, 23 Aug 1995 10:36:53 +0200
 Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se> wrote:

 > In my last message I missed the point that ccd's are interleaved in
 > the common case.  Perhaps the resizer could also become a
 > re-interleaver?

Considering that we're talking about two different levels (a `device' and
the filesystem on top of it), Mouse's ffs tool isn't going to even
consider touching the ccd.

As I see it, at the moment, the only way to re-interleave a ccd is to
backup your data, reconfigure the ccd, newfs, and restore.  From my
perspective, implementing dynamic resizing of the ccd device and dynamic
re-interleaving is non-trivial.