Subject: workman with apple cd600e?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/1995 00:57:05
Hi,

I built workman 1.3 on my NetBSD/mac68k box with an Apple CD600e
hooked, but apparently I can't get it to work.  It doesn't even know
there's a music CD sitting in the drive if the default device
/dev/rcd0d is used.  If I explicitly specify the device /dev/rcd0a
instead, it seems to get some information off the disc like number of
tracks, each track's length, etc., but track lengths are so mangled
that some tracks show negative time!  It doesn't play in either case.

I built the binary by the latest source from ftp.hyperion.com plus
patches in
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/src/workman_122.readme
applied.  Building process went well.

I can't determine whether it's NetBSD/mac68k or CD600e.  I thought the
SCSI upper level drivers are the same across all the platform, aren't
they?  The drive is identified as "MATSHITA CD-ROM CR-8005, 1.0k" (or
maybe it was CR-8003... can't check it right now) during boot.  Has
anyone tried to use this drive with workman on other platforms than
mac68k?  Mounting ISO-9660 discs on this drive is no problem, however.

Oh, my system is current as of early July.

Thanks for any help.

kenn