Subject: Re: OSs coexisting with netbsd
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=C5ge_R=F8bekk?= <aagero@ifi.uio.no>
From: Eric S. Hvozda <hvozda@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/22/1995 08:01:58
On Tue, 22 Aug 1995 13:56:49 +0200  =?iso-8859-1?Q?=C5ge_R=F8bekk?= wrote:

> Can NetBSD/i386 exist together with other operating systems? It seems

In general this can be done.  The whole key is to make sure the
differnet OS's agree on the geometeries of the disks they share.

If they don't agree you will lose.

I'm pretty sure this is kinda covered in the FAQ in the section
talking about mounting MS-DOG partitions, but it applies to
other OS's as well.  Using the geometery BIOS believes usually
works....

If you want more help reply to me personally and I give you a
helping hand, but I'm prety usure the rest of the list would find
topic slightly boring :-)