Subject: Re: Parity support for ccd(4)?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/19/1995 18:29:09
In article <15907.808801104@BALVENIE.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>,
Chris G Demetriou  <Chris_G_Demetriou@BALVENIE.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU> wrote:
> There should be a fair amount of information about doing things like
> this (software RAID) beneath the CMU PDL Web Pages, which can be found
> at:
>
> 	http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Web/Groups/PDL
>
> Indeed, the PDL has done a complete software RAID framework,
> RAIDframe, but it appears that information about it isn't present on
> the pages yet.

Didn't Sprite have a software raid driver? I know I've seen the sources
somewhere (ftp.cs.berkeley.edu?). I don't know what's in them or if
they're even complete/functional, but they would be under acceptable
license terms, at least.

--
Ty Sarna                "I guess one person _can_ make a difference,
tsarna@endicor.com       but usually they shouldn't" -- Marge Simpson