Subject: Unofficial i386 binary snapshot available for FTP.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/13/1995 05:00:29
An unofficial i386 binary snapshot is available for FTP on ftp.wasabi.com.

I built this snapshot from sources supped early in the morning of 8/12/95;
it seems to work OK.  I seem to have forgotten to build the "games" subset;
apologies.

The supplied kernels do _not_ include the "mcd" driver; it seems to cause
problems for those using other cards at 0x300.  They also don't include the
second floppy device, since some people seem to have problems with their
display when running kernels that include support for multiple floppies.

Also available is a distribution of the 4.4BSD-Lite Kerberos IV code which
is not present in stock NetBSD.  Binaries only for the moment; source
(from 4.4-Lite with minimal changes) to follow RSN.  You can get it, along
with the "domestic" subset of the -current snapshot, from munitions.wasabi.com.

Please don't try to get _anything_ from munitions.wasabi.com if you're outside
the US and Canada or it would for any reason be illegal to provide encryption
software to you.  You probably can't, anyway, but don't even if you can manage
to.  Responsibility for complying with US export restrictions is yours; we
explicitly disclaim it, having done as much as we can to try to prevent
violations.

We'll put more stuff (hopefully a supserver, and a mirror of ftp.NetBSD.ORG)
up as time and disk space permit; we're fairly busy working on other things,
such as fancy install tools.

Again, this is _not_ an official snapshot or anything of the like; I built
the binaries myself, with no particular consultation with the core team, and
if something doesn't work that does work in binaries you built from source of
the same vintage, it's probably my fault.  Please don't nag the core team.
Pleasepleaseplease don't nag the core team -- they have enough to do already,
and then some.

I hope this is helpful; comments would be appreciated.

Thor